This hotel positions itself as one of the largest hotels in Brussels, not only in terms of rooms, but also in terms of operations. In order to steer all this in the right direction, we are looking for an experienced Housekeeping Manager.
As the housekeeping manager of this hotel your main duties are:
- management of the staff and activities in the Housekeeping department and in collaboration with the technical department
- personnel managent: selection and hiring of staff, motivation of the team, training, staff planning and scheduling
- continually evaluate the work performance of all housekeeping employees and follow through with regular performance appraisals; ensure that company standards and procedures are implemented
- monitoring and evaluation of the work performance of all outsourced staff; maintain regular communications with cleaning companies to ensure that high standards of cleanliness are kept
- organisation of meetings with all housekeeping employees and outsourced staff
- follow-up of general procedures, proper hygiene and presentation
- financial analysis, preparation and follow-up of the annual budget, monitoring of the departmental cost against budget throughout the year
- to keep accurate records and controls on purchasing and invoices
In this position your are part of the management team and also take part in the Duty Management system. You communicate with all departments and will have direct report to the Operations Manager and GM.
You are strong in communication, planning and organization. You love to work with others and you are an enthusiastic teamplayer.
As an Executive Housekeeper we are expecting:
- strong management skills, someone who can train and evaluate his/her staff
- someone who takes initiatives and can manage potential conflicts
- a good communicator with the other heads of service
- perfect knowledge of computer systems ( Windows Office + Opera )
- an excellent presentation
Furthermore you are fluent in French & English. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
Minimum 2 years experience in a general housekeeper function, preferably in Belgium. Experience with unions is a plus.
- Full time contract with a good salary
- A varied job within a young and dynamic team and vibrant working atmosphere
- A wide range of trainings and different perspectives in a group in full expansion